The season between hot and cold. You know the one. You might need the air conditioner one day and the heater the next.
I am trying to winterize the old house. I took the air conditioners out and got the windows closed up. I bought some storm windows at a yard sale during the summer, thinking I would put them into the wall of the chicken house so there would be light. I got the idea yesterday to maybe put them up on the inside of the house over the existing windows, eliminating the need to cover them with plastic. I hate the plastic because you then can not see out the window. There are storm windows on the outside but they seep air and basically suck. Anyway, they did not fit. I will hold off on the plastic as long as I can.
I have to remove the bales of straw from around the foundation of the house that I stacked there last fall because the propane line has a leak somewhere and has to be checked. I went a whole year on a half tank of propane, so I think the leak must be something new. Anyway, I now have propane once again (no more showers at the lake) but I can't use it yet. Crapola! I keep thinking how wonderful it will be to not have to heat water on the stove to wash dishes with and to take a hot shower in my own bathroom for a change, but I reserve the thought that it may not happen for a week or two.
Now I have to get on with moving the straw to the garden. It has already started to compost and I might get it tilled in before time to plant.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment